Stories, news, update from KePKAS
KOTA KINABALU, July 16 (Bernama) — The number of tourist arrivals in Sabah has shown an increase of 3.7 per cent in the first five months of this year over the figure in the same period last year.
State Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun said 1,134,149 tourist arrivals were recorded from January to May this year with RM2.02 billion in tourism receipts.
“During this period, Sabah received 71,152 tourists from China including from Hong Kong and Macau.
“This shows a positive growth of 41.4 per cent compared to the figure (50,304) during the same period last year,” he said in reply to a question from Datuk Liew Teck Chan (SAPP-Likas) at the state assembly sitting, here, Monday.
Masidi said it was estimated that tourists from China spent RM197 million in Sabah for the first five months of this year compared to RM139.3 million over the same period in 2011.
Source : Bernama