What We Do
- Develop and provide a policy and guidelines for sustainable tourism development for Sabah in line with national policies
- Provide input on suitability/appropriateness of tourism development project if it involves:
- application of state land, and appropriateness
- private land, to ensure it is in line with state policies, legal requirements, zoning, marketing and promotional efforts
- If the project is viable and developers show capacity to be able to carry out the project successfully according to state and federal policy and guidelines, the Ministry may provide appropriate letters of support and recommendations for the applicant and developers to secure the necessary financial support/loans from commercial banks.
What We Do Not Do:
- This Ministry does not issue license for operating tourism establishments ie. Hotels, lodgings, various types of accommodations for tourists and visitors, eating places, gift shops and tour operations, and other related tourism activities
- This Ministry does not issue licences for in-bound tours as well as out-bound tours including operations of tour/tourist buses ( See Linkages to MOT)
To achieve our vision, the following departments and agencies were established under the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Environment. Each of them plays an important role in providing services to develop and manage tourism, culture and environment sectors.